I haven’t blogged in quite some time, but while I’ve been away, all of your love has not gone unnoticed. I’ve been going through some personal stuff that have ketp me from my blogging, but my good friend Julie at Julie’s Spoonful of Sugar has nominated me for a Liebster Award, which has lifted me from my funk and has inspired me to come back.
Info About the “Liebster Award”
The Liebster Award, or “the favorite blog award”, is an internet-based award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. In Germany, the word “liebster” has the same meaning as “favorite, beloved, or dearest.” This award is primarily given to blogs that have less than 200 followers. That way, it helps the blogger with being more known to the world as well as giving the blogger the opportunity to learn about more amazing bloggers.
If you are nominated for the “Liebster Award”…then what??
If you are nominated for the Liebster Award, these are the following steps you need to take in order to graciously accept your award…
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer ten questions given to you, by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees.
And lastly, you may copy and paste the award (which is at the top of this post) on your blog!
And you are all probably wondering what 10 questions my nominator asked me and would like me to answer…okay, here comes the Q&A section…
- What is your earliest childhood memory? My earlest childhood memory occurred when I was about three years old. I was playing in my grandparents’ backyard when I decided to begin my career in gymnastics by using a high bench in their garden as a balance beam. I tripped, fell, cut my head open, and broke my arm from elbow to wrist. How lovely…
- If you were an animal, what would you be? I’m pretty sure that life as a cat would be pretty awesome. You sleep, eat, cuddle, and go back to sleep.
- What was your first car? My first car was a 1997 Saturn that I named Tyrone. He stole my heart.
- What is your current obsession? Oh, jeez. I have been super obsessed with Netflix. I wasted a whole day this past weekend just watching movies and shows that I’ve never seen before.
- What are your top three favorite hobbies or activities? If I have to pick three, I would say DIYing, planning weddings/events, and blogging.
- What is the color scheme in your livingroom? I have a lot of things going on in there. We have a neutral beige base with accents of red, yellow, green, and blue.
- Do you consider yourself an auditory, visual, or kinistetic learner? For the most part, I tend to be a kinesthetic learner.
- What one event has most influenced your life? It’s hard to pick just one event – I think that it all kind of blends together. As I’ve grown and gotten more life experience, however, I’ve learned to live more for my happiness than anything else. I can’t always try to please everyone because not everyone is going to be happy with the decisions I make. That’s been the biggest turning point for me.
- Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks? it depends on the day and my mood, but I think I would prefer a chocolate bar over a bag of chips any day.
- What random act of kindness by someone took you most by surprise? I just started at a new job a couple of months before our wedding. In all of the time that I was at my previous job, I never had felt truly loved, appreciated, and accepted, but just a few weeks after being at my new job, they threw me a surprise bridal shower. I was so touched and felt so loved. My friends always seem to impress me with their kindness.
The 10 nominees that I have chosen for the “Liebster Award”!!!! The nominees for the “Liebster Award” are…
- paper + pearls
- The Jordan Project
- PINK LOTUS EVENTS
- NJohnston Photography blog
- Born to Wear Diamonds Blog
- In Her Handwriting
- the stay-at-hotel wife
- Adventures of Joshica
- Puff :: Puff :: Live
So, for the ten fabulous nominees, here are the following questions that you can answer on your blog…
- How do you feel right now? What are you thinking about?
- What are some of your favorite movies?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
- Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
- Do you have a favorite number? Any particular reason why you like that number?
- What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
- If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What are some things that make you really happy?
Thank you, Julie, for bringing me back and for your continuing kindness! And thank you so much to all of my readers, as well!